Sorry Chris,

I didn't mean to get personal..  I was sort of joking about her job as " the kit packer "..

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

1 minute ago, Gregory said:

Sorry Chris,

I didn't mean to get personal..  I was sort of joking about her job as " the kit packer "..

Ah, OK. Now that I re-read you post, the penny dropped...

She can still pack the kits and fittings, it's just that now, I bring it all to her.

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

On the basis of the two very small parts I have bought from you, the packing service has been exemplary, so I'm sure you will miss the support.  We all will too, that's why there have ben so many expressions of concern!  In all seriousness, best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

37 minutes ago, chris watton said:

I hope to soon be in a position to employ her, and then myself.

Here is very exciting news!  It would be a travesty if the range and quality of your products couldn't support two employees, so I sincerely hope this comes to pass, soon.  

3 minutes ago, Mike_H said:

Here is very exciting news!  It would be a travesty if the range and quality of your products couldn't support two employees, so I sincerely hope this comes to pass, soon.  

Cheers :)

Right now, I make sure that every penny goes back into the business, hence the reason we both still have day jobs. I believe it is important to get the business up and running and be self sustaining, with all equipment bought before I take any money from it.

I need another laser machine (larger bed and more powerful, for the larger kits I have in mind), and this also means I need to turn our garage into a fully fledged work unit, to house both machines and kit boxes. Before I can think about taking money from the business for ourselves, these things need to happen first.

By the way, orders are not delayed, we are now fully up to date!

logo.jpg

It seems I stock more pearwood blocks that I thought. We have now added 6 and 7mm sizes for the single and double blocks, so there are 8 sizes for the single and double blocks,  from 2 to 7mm, and the triples have 5 sizes from 3 to 6mm.

I will also be stocking a few essential tools, like plank nippers, electric plank bender, pin pusher, and a few other things very soon.

logo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Little update - We now have started to stock a small range of modelling tools:

Tools – VANGUARD MODELS

I am awaiting a couple more orders for more (more different sized sanding blocks, waterline markers, flexible masking tape and a special power tool/sander), which we will put on the site as soon as I have them with me, within the next week or so.

I don't think I would stock craft knifes, though, as I still maintain the best to use is a common or garden Stanley Knife, more robust that standard surgical craft knifes, which bend and snap way too easily..

ETA - flexible masking tape just arrived, plus spare sanding strips for finger sander. I decided to get the flexible masking tape, as I though this would be ideal for masking the waterline, as standard masking tape folds over too much at the bow and especially stern..

Pin Pusher.jpg

Plank nipper.jpg

Sanding stick.jpg

Electric plank bender.jpg

Flexible masking tape.png

Edited by chris watton

logo.jpg

Another little update - Not much done of Sphinx (working on plans in CAD) over the past week, as work (day job) has had me very busy and no chance of furlough days - but still on target for July release, just..

I did decide to make a minor change to one of her fittings though, and am quite pleased with the new fitting, just a small thing, but they do add up.

I now have a decent waterline marker on my site, plus a Minitool mini sander (which needs the transformer), which caught my eye and thought would be very useful for ship modelling (I use a larger version in my day job for certain jobs)

Tools – VANGUARD MODELS

I should have a full range of spring loaded sanding blocks by mid next week, too, together with spare sanding belts for them.

Minitool sander.jpg

Minitool transformer.jpg

Waterline marker 1.jpg

logo.jpg

happy birthday Vanguard Models

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

Hercules by Kevin - OcCre - 1/50 - Tugboat - Finished - May 2024

Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Happy anniversary! Unfortunately I have "little to many" ship projects in order to undertake one of these magnificent kits. It's more about time than money.....

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Best wishes, whichever way you decide to go. You've done more than most to advance our hobby and you deserve to succeed.

Derek

Cheers, Derek

Current build:   Duchess of Kingston

On hold:              HMS Winchelsea

Previous builds:  HMS SpeedyEnglish Pinnace, Royal Yacht Caroline (gallery),

Victory Cross-section (gallery), US Clipper Albatros, Red Dragon (years ago!)

On the stocks:    18th Century Longboat

Thank you!

Well, when I consider that Amati Victory was two years full time work, and Sphinx is even more advanced, design wise, than that one, something has to give. For even larger developments, I feel I need the time, the deep time, to concentrate fully on the developments.

I am currently working on Sphinx CAD drawings for masts and yards, but have to stop now, as work in 10 minutes... Dammit!

logo.jpg