Having had chance to trawl back through the posts on this I’m astonished at the reaction from some. Think of the possibilities, Chris has a few times teased that a Centurion might one day appear in VM’s range, where would we be if we did not have a variation of the scene in post #499 with Anson and Saumarez consulting a map?

Please stick with it Chris, your VM customers will support, never mind the ones carping from the sidelines. 

The figure set is being reworked, so should have an update within the next few days.

In the meantime, I am busy producing Harpy fittings, laser cutting kits parts for orders and still working on Harpy CAD drawings in between everything else.

We have now become so busy that my wife will be working full time for Vanguard Models from September, as it is neither fair or untenable for her to have a full time day job, and then to come home and work again until late putting kits together. My accountant confirmed the validity of this today.

Our house is up for sale, as we need a larger premises, but no bites as yet, dammit....

logo.jpg
Vanguard Models on Facebook

So you’re saying you will have a new boss?

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

1 hour ago, chris watton said:

Same as the old boss....

Who are you? 🙂

Current Builds :

Cutter "Speedy" 1828 from Plans by Bill Shoulders at 148

Bounty Launch - Scratch build - FINISHED
85 ft. Harbour Tug. scratch built  from plans by Francis Smith. ( FINISHED but no build log for this )

HMS Lightning. kit bashed from Deans Marine HMS Kelly kit ( FINISHED ) yes at last....

They will  look  Superb  painted  and  weathered  -  washes  and  highlights  😉

Superb  sculpts  there  Chris.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

5 hours ago, Thukydides said:

I think they look great. Lots of nice details and folds to highlight and give depth to the models.

This is very true. At these scales, details, especially cloth details, needs to be accentuated a bit to give the painter a chance to play with highlights and shadows. This is a stable in wargaming miniatures.

This looks perfect to me Chris, and I will buy a set for sure!

BR 

TJM

Current Build: 

Completed Build: HMS Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models - 1:64

10 minutes ago, AJohnson said:

And me!

me as well

I should get the final files for the figures next week, which I then need to set up on my 'slicing' program. I am thinking the more delicate parts may be better left on their base and supports, to help protect the more delicate parts, and the customer removes the supports. This isn't an issue, as I always use the lightest supports I can get away with to minimise the 'pock-marks' they leave behind.

I hope to have the full suite of 3-d printed ships boats before the year's out (so Sphinx and Indy will have an option for all 3-d printed hull boats) - this will be quite a large investment in money, but I think worth it, as even I prefer the 3-d printed hulls, so imagine quite a few customers may, too.

Regarding Harpy, I shall be sending Jim the laser cut, PE, 3-d printed parts next week, so you should see a build log of this soon. (I am very much looking forward to seeing what Jim does to this, I love the lines). I still have around 4-5 full working weeks for CAD (plan) work, so still plenty for me to do before even starting preliminaries for kit 18, which I anticipate starting in September.

Finaly, I have been told by my PE supplier that copper is back on the menu, but more expensive. So, I will eventually have the PE copper plate option back for kits that have copper bottoms. I will keep them a separate option, as I know some prefer not to copper the bottom, or some even prefer the tape, so do not want to increase the cost of a kit to take into account the expensive PE copper when not everyone will use it - Best to keep it an option.

logo.jpg

2 hours ago, chris watton said:

I hope to have the full suite of 3-d printed ships boats before the year's out (so Sphinx and Indy will have an option for all 3-d printed hull boats) - this will be quite a large investment in money, but I think worth it, as even I prefer the 3-d printed hulls, so imagine quite a few customers may, too.

Any chance of adding 1:72 to the boat line-up to compliment some of your legacy kits from your earlier career 😁

Gary

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Any chance of adding 1:72 to the boat line-up to compliment some of your legacy kits from your earlier career 😁

Gary

For the boats, yes, when I get time. Not the new figures, though, as I am pushing my luck at 64th for the delicate parts

logo.jpg

The figures look amazing!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

6 hours ago, chris watton said:

so do not want to increase the cost of a kit to take into account the expensive PE copper when not everyone will use it - Best to keep it an option.

Smart decision, Chris.

The revised CAD drawings of the figure sculpts look excellent. For my figure set in 1:64, I'll design and print out a miniature, postage stamp sized color add-on to glue to the unfurled map. Where in the world might these officers be?

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

Captain Aubrey just texted me to say that he and Lt. Pullings are on the Far Side of The World, in the Galapagos Islands.

Works for me. I probably have a little time to locate a map...

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

we all await James to make an amazing job of Harpy