Yes, I have a couple of items from Ebay that have been sitting in the same post office distribution centers since mid December! Accourding to the tracking numbers they have been "Checked In" to the same centers several times, but never out!

Can anyone give me news of the SeaWatchbooks site also advertised on the home page?
On December 18th, after having laboriously put aside the necessary money like the ants, I placed an order for the 4 volumes of the Swan Class that I had long wanted to have. Unfortunately I have not had any feedback to date; I tried to send some emails to the address indicated, but nobody answered me.
Do you know if there are any problems?
I hope I haven't thrown away my savings .....

Giampiero: The mail from the U.S. has been very slow of late, and particularly around Christmas and New Year things may take even longer. Even others in the States have had to wait quite a while before their books arrived. I'm sure that eventually your books will arrive.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Received mine after about 8 weeks- travelled half the world by DHL. International post at "cheaper" end is bad. The book (TFFM vol 4) worth the wait. The source is not to blame

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section

4 hours ago, giampieroricci said:

I am not in a hurry, I have no problems waiting because I know it is worth it: I just wanted to know if at least the order had been received .....

Thanks for your answers!

This was my only concern as well, I just didn’t know if they got my order or not. 

Current Builds:

Flying Fish - Model Shipways - 1:96

Future Builds:

Young America 1853 - Scratch Build - 1:72

Completed Builds:

HMS Racehorse - Mantua - 1:47 (No pictures unfortunately)

Providence Whale Boat - Artesania Latina - 1:25 (Also no pictures)

Lowell Grand Banks Dory - Model Shipways - 1:24

Shelved Builds:

Pride of Baltimore 2 - Model Shipways - 1:64 (Also no pictures)

Hello, today the seawachtbook books arrived, but only 2 of the 3 that I bought, I acquired the 2 volumes of the HMS Auryalus of 1803 and the volume IV of the swan class, it was just missing, the volume I of the HMS Euryalus was missing, the packaging It was intact. I got a relative who lives in the US, called and answered Miss Jennifer who said that next week she would give me an answer, she would verify the payments and why it was not sent. Next week !!!! Anyway, this store It has the worst service, they do not even answer the emails and thus we avoid so many bitter and stress episodes. I will keep waiting for my other book.

20210112_103804.jpg

20210112_103813.jpg

-HMS Tritón 1/48 1773 en scracht (TERMINADO)

-HMS Winchelsea 1/35  1764 full scracht (EN PROYECTO)

notpirate.png

The books are of exceptional quality, the content, the drawings and plans, wonderful. The swan collection should be had by all modelers, essential. The HMS Euryalus is huge at 1/48, it will be a beautiful model. I would buy all the books if it were not for the terrible attention of the store.

-HMS Tritón 1/48 1773 en scracht (TERMINADO)

-HMS Winchelsea 1/35  1764 full scracht (EN PROYECTO)

notpirate.png

On 11/29/2019 at 9:53 PM, Torrens said:

In the interests of balance, my personal experience of ordering from Seawatch Books has been excellent, from ordering through to the receipt of a book. If a book is in print, I've always received a prompt response every time following the placement and payment of an order.

I do not order books until they are in print. The reason is nothing to do with Seawatch, but because, as they often make clear on their website, they are waiting on authors to deliver before they can start the production process (a frustrating example being Volume Two of The Rogers Collection of Dockyard Models). These delays obviously impact on planned publication dates, so it's always best to wait until Seawatch confirm, via their website, that a book is available.

Anyway, it's good that Bryan received his copy of the aforementioned book as I'm sure he's as delighted with it as I have been!

Edited by Zubzero
All sorted

Hi Jorge,

Luckily,at least you have some of your order,I'm very happy for you. I'm still waiting for the replacement book volume 2 of Speedwell which I was told was being sent one month ago. Original order made 3 months ago. Never known of such poor customer service anywhere.  Far too many excuses are made for this company.

Dave. 

Dave:

The mail systems are all still not what they were prior to the pandemic.  We are experiencing big delays in delivery of products from the NRG store as well as Journals.  90 days is not unusual for delivery of products. 

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Kurt,

In that case can you explain why the (wrong) book that was sent one month after my order in October only took 11 days to get from the USA to Switzerland. Posted 20/11/20 arrived in my postbox 1/12/20. No 90 day delay in the post there. Just the usual excuses given out.

Incidently,any ideas why it takes over a month for a (wrong) book to be sent after order and payment in October.

Dave.

Like I said it's screwed up all over.  3 days one time 90 days the next.

Various people have answered you. 

Keep further issues with SeaWatch between you and SeaWatch this forum isn't for repeated airing of problems.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

I've ordered 5 books from Seawatch at different times, and never failed to have them arrive within about 2-4 weeks.  I am however in the US so I imagine that international shipping could take longer.

I'm still waiting on my Speedwell II ordered in November...

Maury

I have several items I ordered before Christmas (a couple 12/15) that are still orbiting the various Postal Centers. One has been sitting in the same center since the middle of last month. The others keep getting sent from one center in Atlanta to another in rotation.

i ordered 2 books on the 18 of november , when i called they said that they were returned to sender so they have sent them to me again , Cathy even gave me a tracking number , i have ordered several books from them now one came within a few days but all the others have taken a little bit of time , but they did get to me and in perfect condition, the books are worth the wait so be patient and you will be rewarded

Got my book! Does the order of the plans matter? Obviously they matter but when I bought the book they mentioned 8 sheet of plans, and while I did get 8 sheets, I got sheets 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10. So I’m missing sheets 2, and 8 if they exist. The book is the 1:72 Young America 1853 book 1, if any one else has this book and plans and could check this is the correct number of plans that would be helpful! 

Bradley 

Current Builds:

Future Builds:

Completed Builds:

Shelved Builds:

2 hours ago, Dziadeczek said:

I have the same as you.

Maybe its printed that way for a reason that I have yet to find out. Thanks!

Bradley 

Current Builds:

Future Builds:

Completed Builds:

Shelved Builds:

3 hours ago, Keithbrad80 said:

Got my book! Does the order of the plans matter? Obviously they matter but when I bought the book they mentioned 8 sheet of plans, and while I did get 8 sheets, I got sheets 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10. So I’m missing sheets 2, and 8 if they exist. The book is the 1:72 Young America 1853 book 1, if any one else has this book and plans and could check this is the correct number of plans that would be helpful! 

Bradley 

PM EdT.  I believe those are his plans and he might be able to offer some insight.  He also has a build log on this ship.  Use the search feature and "Young America".   I recall there's a topic on this book but not sure where it is.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

14 hours ago, Keithbrad80 said:

Bradley 

Some sheets you need to print yourself.  Sheet 2 is the Shipway Plan drawing and will be found in the Chapter_04 folder on the CD for the 1/72 scale version.

Sheet 8 is the 1/96 scale shipway plans and is also included on the CD and is referenced by EdT in this post in the thread specifically about these books - https://modelshipworld.com/topic/11317-modeling-the-extreme-clipper-young-america-1853/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-687297

• 2 weeks later...

As a Christmas present to myself (shh, don't tell the wife!), I ordered the McArdle 1693 Sussex book from Seawatch.  It took about a month, but it arrived safe and sound today.  I believe this is the third time I've ordered from them, and have always been really pleased with the books.  I do think that in this day and age, probably a response email that they received your order would be nice.  I don't know what goes into setting up a system like that, but an order email is what customers are used to and expect these days.  

For what it's worth, I took a quick flip through the Sussex book and plans and they look fantastic just like the other releases from Seawatch.  Maybe one day I'll get to build it.  I've always really loved all the ornamentation on it.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

I ordered the last 3 books that I wanted from Seawatch about 2 weeks ago.  Received all 3 in about 10 days could not believe I received them that quickly.  Wasn't really expecting them until sometime in February.  I guess I was lucky, had stuff bounce around the postal system for a month.

Don

The mail system is indeed a mess and of course they always feel the need to raise prices of postage to go with the poor service.  I sent an envelope from Florida to Maine (1600 miles)  this month and it took 11 days to get there. I did quick check and found the following regarding the Pony Express:  In 10 days, riders could deliver a letter the 1,966 miles from the base in St. Joseph, Missouri, to the terminus in Sacramento, California. Keep in mind this was 150 years ago!!!

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

10 hours ago, allanyed said:

The mail system is indeed a mess and of course they always feel the need to raise prices of postage to go with the poor service.  I sent an envelope from Florida to Maine (1600 miles)  this month and it took 11 days to get there. I did quick check and found the following regarding the Pony Express:  In 10 days, riders could deliver a letter the 1,966 miles from the base in St. Joseph, Missouri, to the terminus in Sacramento, California. Keep in mind this was 150 years ago!!!

Allan

I guess the horses are slowing down in their old age, not to mention the riders.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I just ordered Vol 2 of the Rogers Collection, let's see how long it takes to get to me.

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose