These needed to be tumbled a bit more...but what do you guys think?  The smallest size in the photo is 2mm....and the largest is 9/32"

What do you think of the color...?  

3dprinttest2.jpg

Amazing sharpness and how clean they are!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Thank you...I may start production on these within a week or so.  Still finessing.  These are all pre-dyed blocks.  I am using fiebings dye like Greg And David.  I thought it would be nice to offer these.   I rether like the color and am preparing them for my speedwell.  So I figured why not figure out how to mass produce them.  The holes on these blocks are extra large to make rigging easier as well.   But they still retain the classic look.  This is especially good for the small 3/32" blocks.

I have a batch of double and triple blocks cooking as I write this.

Chuck

3dprinttest.jpg

Chuck

Love them!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

3 hours ago, Chuck said:

These are all pre-dyed blocks...  I rather like the color and am preparing them for my speedwell... The holes on these blocks are extra large to make rigging easier as well...

These look awesome, Chuck!  I have enough now to finish my Bluenose, but definitely want to take inventory of what I will need for the ships waiting up in boxes on the shelf!  And definitely love the idea of having the slightly larger holes, as we always seem to need to ream out the holes for whatever rigging we are using. 

Thanks for doing these and keeping us updated! 

Gregg

Current Projects:                                                     Completed Projects:                                                                 Waiting for Shipyard Clearance:

Bluenose 1921 1:64 - Model Shipways                   Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 - Model Shipways                    Yacht America Schooner 1851 1:64 - Model Shipways

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack 1:24 - Model Shipways        RMS Titanic 1:300 - OcCre  (Couldn't help myself when it was on sale)

H.M. Schooner Ballahoo 1:64 - Caldercraft                             USS Constitution  1:76 - Model Shipways

Santa Maria Caravelle 1:48 - Ships of Pavel Nikitin

some doubles and triples....these were dyed longer and have a slightly different finish.  A very deep finish actually.   The smallest size is 3/32 by the way.  That is a very small triple block.  

Do you prefer this finish and color....

doubles and triples..jpg

or this finish and color....

3dprinttest.jpg

Or do they look so similar I am just going crazy....I have blocks on my mind....a blockhead of sorts.

My 2 cents. I like the blocks in the second picture. In the top picture, they seem a bit on the reddish side. Maybe it is just how the pic came across on my phone. 
Tom

Yes it was just a bad photo...sorry.  Here is a better one.  These are so tough to photograph for whatever reason.   These are the finished blocks.  Production will resume soon.  But first to enjoy the fourth!!!

Is it a bad thing to say that I like 'em natural, so I can dye/stain them myself based on whatever the rest of the ship has?  They look awesome, Chuck! 🏆

Gregg

Current Projects:                                                     Completed Projects:                                                                 Waiting for Shipyard Clearance:

Bluenose 1921 1:64 - Model Shipways                   Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 - Model Shipways                    Yacht America Schooner 1851 1:64 - Model Shipways

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack 1:24 - Model Shipways        RMS Titanic 1:300 - OcCre  (Couldn't help myself when it was on sale)

H.M. Schooner Ballahoo 1:64 - Caldercraft                             USS Constitution  1:76 - Model Shipways

Santa Maria Caravelle 1:48 - Ships of Pavel Nikitin

blocktest3.jpg

OK slight confession....the blocks you see me working on above are not boxwood.    I am working on a speedier alternative.   The tricky part is making them look like wood.   This will also be a much much cheaper alternative.

These blocks are all 3d printed.   No painting required...they will come like this straight out of the bag.

I have the boxwood or natural blocks all figured out and they look really good.  I hope you agree.   I just need to get the darker shade chosen.   Color and finish is the tricky part of this.   

Clue blocks, sheet blocks, sister blocks, violin blocks,  hearts deadeyes.....the possibilities are endless.

Chuck