Varyag 1901 by Valeriy V - FINISHED - scale 1:75 - Russian Cruiser

14 hours ago, Valeriy V said:

Judging by my life, I can say that difficult times exist all the time, they sometimes become less difficult, and sometimes very difficult. But both will have to be lived to the fullest.

That is a great way to look at life, Valeriy, if not the best way.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

4 hours ago, Valeriy V said:

Flywheel manufacturing process.

Bloody Nora (a British term meaning 'I cant believe this') Vareriy - even the famous match is too big to fit in this photo! Stupendous.

Andy

'You're gonna need a bigger boat!'

Completed Build: Orca from the film 'Jaws'.

Current Build: Sailing Trawler Vigilance BM76

Hi Valeriy, 

I echo all of the high praise being given for this superb model. 

I wondered whether you used some form of stamp to create those cross-shaped pieces for the flywheels? Or are they cut out by hand... regardless, the accuracy and consistency of your work is quite astounding.

All the very best wishes for you.

Rob

5 hours ago, robdurant said:

Hi Valeriy, 

I echo all of the high praise being given for this superb model. 

I wondered whether you used some form of stamp to create those cross-shaped pieces for the flywheels? Or are they cut out by hand... regardless, the accuracy and consistency of your work is quite astounding.

All the very best wishes for you.

Rob

Hi  Rob!

In the manufacture of crosses, I took the simplest path - I ordered photo-etching. 
To achieve a precise production of such a small detail by hand, I would have to spend a lot of time and effort.

4 hours ago, Valeriy V said:

In the manufacture of crosses, I took the simplest path - I ordered photo-etching. 

Sometimes taking the easiest approach is the best strategy. The guns were amazing.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

On 10/31/2022 at 11:23 PM, FlyingFish said:

Bloody Nora (a British term meaning 'I cant believe this') Vareriy - even the famous match is too big to fit in this photo! Stupendous.

Andy, at your request, I returned the match to its place. ;) 

510.JPG

511.JPG

Just a Wow here.  Way above my paygrade to try.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Valeriy,

Even if your work is truly amazing and well above the skill level of many of us here it is still very useful to us.

It is useful since your work shows what actually can be done at a small scale. 

Thanks to your build we have been taught how metalwork actually can be accomplished on a model ship.

Truly amazing!

Happy modelling!

Håkan

Current build: Atlantica by Wintergreen

Previous builds

Kågen by Wintergreen

Regina by Wintergreen

Sea of Galilee boat, first century, sort of...

Billing Boats Wasa

Gallery:

Kågen (Cog, kaeg) by Wintergreen - 1:30Billing Boats Regina - 1:30Billing Boats Dana

2 hours ago, Dr PR said:

Valeriy,

Those things look dangerous! Do you have a license  to carry them?

Phil, this license is for 9mm.

And if you have 11 barrels with a caliber of 152 mm, then there will be very few people who want to ask you for a license. ;)  :) 

513.JPG

2 hours ago, Valeriy V said:

then there will be very few people who want to ask you for a license.

Funny.

Even though these are micro models they look deadly all lined up like that.

Valeriy, what's most impressive is each gun looks exactly like its mate. Not close, exactly. That's almost impossible particularly at this scale. As I said, most impressive. 

Yes I agree with everyone. i don't know where you get all the time from. it must take an age to make each one.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

3 hours ago, KeithAug said:

Yes I agree with everyone. i don't know where you get all the time from. it must take an age to make each one.

Keith actually spends most of my time building a prototype.

On it, the technological map is worked out, errors that arise are corrected, and optimal decisions are made on the further process.

After that, mass production of repeated samples does not cause any special difficulties and takes much less time.

• 4 weeks later...