Only me,

More pics

DB 250 Wood Lathe

post-493-0-54656300-1397156169_thumb.jpg

Circular Saw

post-493-0-85635400-1397156183_thumb.jpg

Micro Shaper ( Router )

post-493-0-44386000-1397156202_thumb.jpg

I also have a 4 Jaw Chuck, Drill Chuck for the DB250, 10 piece router set, Spare sanding discs and spare Jig saw blades and finally a replacement Lathe bed for the DB250 so that I can extend it's length.

Sjors is going to bring me a set of Proxxon wood chisel's when he comes over, two things to look forward to there, Anja & Sjors and chisels. 

All I have to do now is to learn how to use them.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

two things to look forward to there, Anja & Sjors and chisels.

Isn't that at least 3 things?  :P   Looking forward to seeing them in action.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

And when we are coming, I'll will also take an abacus......that are 3 things Mobbsie....

Sjors = 1...Anja = 2....chisels= 3 !!!!!! :P  :P

Have fun with the new toys my friend.

And try them out first on scrap wood before you are using the real stuff !

( I will help you if you not know how it works then... :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Have a lot of fun with your new tools..  Enjoy, Mobbsie.

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Nice Mobbsie, those ought to keep you busy for awhile, one of these days I'd like to get that MP 400, I have the others, never used them

yet, but they're nice to look at. :P :P they make me feel like I know what I'm doing!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Ooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Toys!!!!!!!

Who's a lucky boy then?!!!

I smell a scratch build coming on.............. ;)

oh, and Sjors...... 1=Anja, 2= Chisels. :P;)

Damn Mobbsie, did you buy the entire catalog?

Congrats on the new tools! I'm sure you will put them to good use.

Just wanted to say that the snaking is awesome as well.

Ben

Just checking in and what do I find.....the Proxxon Rep....actually looks more like the whole damn store.... Wow, you really must have been a good boy. I just acquired a couple of them also, but have to wait a while before I can check them out .... boo....show me how to use em Mate!

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

That's a nice parcel you got there! Best kind, full of useful toys for the man-cave.... Uh.... shipyard ;):rolleyes:

Have fun, and mind the fingers on the sharp cut-y bits :)

Andy

PS.... Whatcha plannin' with all them nice scatch builders tools anyhoo? ;)

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

forgot to tell you..... good idea on purchasing the ext. bed for the 250, it's always good to have. I've got to get up to Home Depot and get a

suitable mounting board for mine. Jack Tar has something he posted that you might want to look at as far as mounting the 250. I think it was under the tools section. ck it out.

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Jealous!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

mobbsie   when u seen the mail man i bet u ran right to him befor he got to the door lol..vary nice gear u got there have fun with it

Hi Guys,

Thanks for looking in and the good words.

I must say I have nothing but praise for both Proxxon and the delivery company DHL, 6 days from ordering to my door and from Germany to boot.

Right on nail Andy but not telling yet.

I've rethunk my next build, I'm fed up with waiting for the Surprise to come out so I'm going to have a go at a scratch.

It will only be a small build and hopefully something different, a good bit of research will be needed and I think it will test my woodworking skills to the limit. ( I'm not that good at woodworking ).

It's still in the embryo stage at the moment so I'm not going to reveal what the project will be just yet, but please feel free to  try and guess, if anybody gets it I will fess up. Grant your excluded from this ( love your maths ). :D  :D  :P  

Thanks for the info Frank, I haven't checked it out yet but I will.

B.E. Sorry mate, can you do an appraisal of the Thicknesser when you get it, it's next on my hit list.

For now it's back to the Aggy, she's not been touched for a few days now and is feeling a bit neglected.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

Your progress on the rigging looks great. Very clean work. You've got to be dying to play with your new toys.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

nice new toys Mobbsie  :)   you'll be able to do tasks faster and better now! 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

GREAT SCOTT !!!!!!  Proxon will be back-ordered for a year.  Enjoy the tools, mate.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Nice Mobbsie, I didnt realize you guys across the pond celebrated Christmas in April :)

I had the Proxxon mini-lathe before upgrading to a Sherline - it's a very nice lathe.  Enjoy your toys!

Edited by Landlubber Mike

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Mobbsie: Thanks for the answer on the ratlines. I agree that the contrast is something that gives a neat look.. at the speed of my progress I have lots of time to decide on my Aggy.. :rolleyes: And.. don't have too much fun with all of those toys....

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Member, Nautical Research Guild

Oddly enough, that was one of my new toys last week also. No wonder mine was on back order for so long...you guys bought em out. Some day I'll get to try mine out....right now it's just staring at me and whining!

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Kitchens all done so it's back to the Aggie, hopefully an update soon.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

good to hear!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch