7 minutes ago, allanyed said:

Hi Scrubby

Chuck will have a very nice small town atmosphere off season, even if it can be a bit crowded in the summer months.  Still, an absolutely beautiful part of the country.   Most things are comparative.  From someone who has been living in southwest Florida for 8 years, I would respectfully argue your point.  But this is coming from someone that lived in NJ and worked in both NJ and Manhattan where it is a bit crowded. 😀   

Bend Oregon, 100K people.  Ave Maria, FL 33K people.   Not what I would call a zoo.😀

Allan

Hi Alan, haha I hear what you’re saying. I was more referring to SE FL, I just moved out of Boynton and had to drive and deal with Miami and FTL traffic daily… that’s certainly nothing like what you describe! I always liked the west side much more.

Miami/Lauderdale area is definitely a zoo, I lived in green acres at one point and traffic was backed up all the way up there.

JJ

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

9 hours ago, scrubbyj427 said:

I was more referring to SE FL, I just moved out of Boynton

Totally understood.  We moved my mom from Greentree in Boynton to Pompano and my sis is in FLL. Chuck has the right idea, down the shore in NJ is a great way to go.  Plus he may not have the need for an AC unit in his shop in the summer time😁 like we do here. 

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 3 weeks later...

I am so close to having blocks...the best available in stock on my website once again.  I hope you will agree that the wait was well worth it.   It shouldnt be long...

I am going on vacation in a week or so but hopefully once I get back I can slowly start listing them as available.   A much needed break down to the beach with my extended family.  About 16 of us crammed into a house on the beach.

Thanks for your patience in waiting for these...a small batch of each size initially but then more will follow pretty quickly I hope.

Some sample photos.

image.png.5910e9593535d8d7af16260d86c8127e.png

image.png.2aff5f69449cfb8c7f165b1edb67c743.png

image.png.cdbbb629af8a51b61527db956af2b96e.png

Chuck, you are teasing us to much..... I am on strict budget and now this.🙂

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Thanks for the heads-up, Chuck!  Will begin creating my list of blocks needed for my Bluenose replacements from what was in the kit.

Enjoy your beach vacay! 

Gregg

Current Projects:                                                     Completed Projects:                                                                 Waiting for Shipyard Clearance:

Bluenose 1921 1:64 - Model Shipways                   Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 - Model Shipways                    Yacht America Schooner 1851 1:64 - Model Shipways

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack 1:24 - Model Shipways        RMS Titanic 1:300 - OcCre  (Couldn't help myself when it was on sale)

H.M. Schooner Ballahoo 1:64 - Caldercraft                             USS Constitution  1:76 - Model Shipways

Santa Maria Caravelle 1:48 - Ships of Pavel Nikitin

• 2 weeks later...

I am still at the beach!!! But the store is now reopened.  All orders will be shipped on Monday. 

IMG_1093.jpeg
and from this deck with such a lovely view…been working on one of the new designs.  There is only so much UNO you can play with the family in one week!!

So a little design work on that Hudson River Sloop project seemed interesting while checking the crab traps every so often.  A little Jimmy Buffet and some libations.

RenderedImage.jpeg

71598587536__0F8937D0-D8D2-4091-B633-57D069347996.jpeg

No boats at the jetty? Or are they all filled up with the other 15 and sailed away to give you a bit of peace?

Looks like a nice place for a bit of sailing. Interestingly, the sea is exactly the same colour as that which I was looking at here in England off our East coast at the weekend.

Have a good break!

Mark P

Previously built models (long ago, aged 18-25ish) POB construction. 32 gun frigate, scratch-built sailing model, Underhill plans.

2 masted topsail schooner, Underhill plans.

Started at around that time, but unfinished: 74 gun ship 'Bellona' NMM plans. POB 

On the drawing board: POF model of Royal Caroline 1749, part-planked with interior details. My own plans, based on Admiralty draughts and archival research.

Always on the go: Research into Royal Navy sailing warship design, construction and use, from Tudor times to 1790. 

Member of NRG, SNR, NRS, SMS

Chuck, enjoy the remaining days at the beach. Hope you won some of Duo games...

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Fishing is good right off the pier.  Bluefish, blowfish, and the occasional sand shark.  Playing cards but no sailing sadly.   Lots of reading and research.

image000000.jpegIMG_1092.jpeg
IMG_3663.jpeg

IMG_0608.jpeg

IMG_0607.jpeg

IMG_0606.jpeg

IMG_0605.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

Hudson River Sloop 

I am working on plans for a model of the HRS Amelia.... I have several projects going at the moment.  Models from the Mystic Museum of various HR sloops for research and design purposes.  The last photo is Portias Victorine.  

Amelia.jpeg

Amelia.jpeg

IMG_7386.JPG

IMG_7387.JPG

IMG_7405.JPG

IMG_7411.JPG

IMG_7460.JPG

Those sloops are very cool ships! Beautiful lines and a wonderful, open deck.

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Getting close now....

Check my site regularly as I start to package these up later in the week.  They have a bit of sawdust on them but I get them in bulk....so some dusting off before packaging them up is in order.  

A huge thank you goes out to Jack for his hard work these last six or seven months helping to make these a reality.  He is a super knowledgeable guy when it comes to cnc. 

cnc blocks.jpg

cnc blocksdouble.jpg

cnc blockssingJ.jpg

cnc blocksdoubj.jpg

cnc blockstripJ.jpg

Will start making up my shopping list!! 👍

Gregg

Current Projects:                                                     Completed Projects:                                                                 Waiting for Shipyard Clearance:

Bluenose 1921 1:64 - Model Shipways                   Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 - Model Shipways                    Yacht America Schooner 1851 1:64 - Model Shipways

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack 1:24 - Model Shipways        RMS Titanic 1:300 - OcCre  (Couldn't help myself when it was on sale)

H.M. Schooner Ballahoo 1:64 - Caldercraft                             USS Constitution  1:76 - Model Shipways

Santa Maria Caravelle 1:48 - Ships of Pavel Nikitin

I have them all.  I just have to update the site and get them all packaged up.  This includes a new larger size of 9/32” single double and triple blocks. Some sizes are in short supply for this initial batch but I have more on the way.

Probably today and tomorrow I will have the packages up.  I have lots of labels to stuff i to small bags for the packaging.  That takes a while.

chuck

I have one LOL

But I want cull out any bad or chipped blocks so it will be slow going.   

Chuck

Less than 24 hours after placing thousands (seriously thousands) of rigging blocks for sale on my site....

Yupp,  you guessed it.

Nearly sold out.

Will be making more but seriously this was a lot of blocks.

Keep checking back to see when they are restocked.  It will take a while to get fully stocked at this level of demand.  But I will do my best.

cnc blocks.jpg

That is ridiculous! There can't be so many models being rigged simultaneously! It must be hoarders trying to corner the market....

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Besides being very high quality, your blocks are very competitively priced.   Any chance they are being re-sold?

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon