Tried Arkowood (http://arkowood-shop.de). Was looking for a high quality wood supplier in EU, who have at least pear, Castello boxwood and ebony. Looks like I found it!
- Colour variation - very small, wood is finely selected.
- Thickness deviation: not more then 0.05mm!
- Finish: very smooth finish, feels like sanded with 300-400 grit.
- Custom size milling: no problem with that, if you do not see the right size in their catalogue - just mail what sizes do you need. The price level for custom milled wood looks the same as for the standard cuts they have in catalogue
- Communication: excellent, I received a reply to my mails in a few hours!
- Wood cost - looks ok. Hard to compare, but looks on the same level as in US suppliers. However, you save some money on not paying VAT, customs, postage fees and extra shipping, that you are usually paying if ordering from US
- Payment methods: paypal is accepted.
- Delivery cost: quite moderate, regular postage price from Germany to other EU country. No feeling like you are getting overcharged for delivery.
- Processing time: they promised 1-2 weeks, I got the wood in 2 weeks. So quite fast, with correct estimations
- Packing quality: ok, no damages
The photo of what I received.
Left - swiss pear (steamed pear), center - castello boxwood, right - ebony: