DORIS

ROYAL CAROLINE by Doris - CARD - 1749 -1:40

Doris, what a truly inspiring work the Royal Caroline is. And thank you for sharing the views into your other wonderful models on display. I could spend hours in that room.

Doris, that collection of models is simply amazing :) . Are you sure there is only ONE of you? That looks like the lifetime work of a few dozen builders :D .

Your work makes mine seem amateurish in comparison. Well done!!

:cheers:  Danny

Doris, as all our fellow model builders I followed your log with great interest, amazed at you "craftwomanship" (^^) and love (because we can feel the love you add to your work pouring through the pictures). It brought tears to my eyes to see your finished RC and as everyone already said, there are no words to describe your work, or there are too many words and would be boring just to put them in line right here, lol. Thank you for sharing all the process; really hope to see your next buildings for it´s an encouragement to me to know someone can build ships so marvelous as you do. Congratz for a stunning work of art.

PS. Hope your new job be a great one!

Dear friends,
thank you very much for your kind words, I am pleased and appreciate your posts a lot. That is a great honour for me.

Doris, that collection of models is simply amazing :) . Are you sure there is only ONE of you? That looks like the lifetime work of a few dozen builders :D .

Your work makes mine seem amateurish in comparison. Well done!!

:cheers:  Danny

Just.... wow!!!!   I go along with Danny.. only one of you? !!!!!   Your model room is a museum.. better than some museums I've seen.

Dear Danny and Mark,

in this room there are about 30 ship models and more than 60 cars (mainly plastic models in a scale 1/24). The oldest ships I built about 20 years ago.
Many of these older models were quite easy, so there was not a problem to build several ships during every year. Now I prefer to create mainly large sailing ships (scratch build), so it takes me thousands of hours (for example Sovereign of the seas about 6000 hours and Royal Caroline almost 7000). Now I have only one problem - there is no spare space for more....
And the collection of bottles with alcohol - this is my husband's hobby ( but he does not drink it, only collects)..... :D

Doris, as all our fellow model builders I followed your log with great interest, amazed at you "craftwomanship" (^^) and love (because we can feel the love you add to your work pouring through the pictures). It brought tears to my eyes to see your finished RC and as everyone already said, there are no words to describe your work, or there are too many words and would be boring just to put them in line right here, lol. Thank you for sharing all the process; really hope to see your next buildings for it´s an encouragement to me to know someone can build ships so marvelous as you do. Congratz for a stunning work of art.

PS. Hope your new job be a great one!

Dear Vivian, thank you for your support and kind words. I am sure, I will continue with other projects and show it also here. Now I need to relax a little, so I spend some time to assemble plastic models.
For example La Reale by Heller:

post-1353-0-21426600-1439540368_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-51227200-1439540375_thumb.jpgpost-1353-0-59655200-1439540380_thumb.jpg

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=95541&start=30

Unfortunately this is a poor-quality kit ( I purchase the older one), so there are many troubles with fragile or damaged parts and in addition, the model parts are very inaccurate.

Next time I will rather choose Tamiya kits.... ;)

Best regards

Doris

Hello Doris,

a fine collection of ship models that you have created in the course of your life.
I admire your artistic style and precision with which you build your excellent models.
I hope that you will show us a lot more of your art.

Dear friends,

thank you very much for your kind words, I am pleased and appreciate your posts a lot. That is a great honour for me.

Don't be so humble, Doris. Your RC really is the definitive RC build. It is a signal to the rest of us at MSW that what our current idea of a "magnificent" build is, is totally inadequate. If you can find me another RC build on MSW, or anywhere in the world, that exceeds yours in terms of detail, the fine-ness of the workmanship, and sheer beauty, I will quite happily name the other person the best RC builder in the world. But I am betting that you won't. So until then, YOU wear the crown, and you should be proud of it. 

Don't be so humble, Doris. Your RC really is the definitive RC build. It is a signal to the rest of us at MSW that what our current idea of a "magnificent" build is, is totally inadequate. If you can find me another RC build on MSW, or anywhere in the world, that exceeds yours in terms of detail, the fine-ness of the workmanship, and sheer beauty, I will quite happily name the other person the best RC builder in the world. But I am betting that you won't. So until then, YOU wear the crown, and you should be proud of it.

G'day Doris

I agree with Keith up to a point. Your RC is the top notch of any RC around. I could say in artistic ability your RC is the winner of all the ships, not only in this forum but every forum.

Cheers

Greg

Hi Doris

...can't argue with either of these comments!!!

Ditto from me, too.

Cheers

Patrick

G'day Doris

I agree with Keith up to a point. Your RC is the top notch of any RC around. I could say in artistic ability your RC is the winner of all the ships, not only in this forum but every forum.

Cheers

Greg

coming late to the party, but better late than never to hurt my jaw by dropping it on the floor!! (again!! this has become common occurrence for me on this forum) if I was allowed to enter that room I would have never seen the daylight again... no words, Doris, no words.... ;-))

cheers!

Denis

6 hours ago, 8sillones said:

My congratulations. It is a magnificent job. I'm surprised: I use very similar techniques. I'll give you a picture of my Royal Caroline, also with clay.

IMG_20170630_085955.jpg

Hi 8sillones

I don't want to hijack Doris' thread, but, my word, what a beautiful model you've built!  

Would you be willing to post some more photos in the Gallery for us to enjoy?

Thanks

Patrick 

4 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

Hi 8sillones

I don't want to hijack Doris thread, but, my word, what a beautiful model you've built!  

Would you be willing to post some more photos in the Gallery for us to enjoy?

Thanks

Patrick 

I'll do it soon

On 3/15/2013 at 7:48 AM, john46 said:

The decoration is great. Your parrot is very particular, normally speaking a bird is not doing so well when lying on its back. . .

I was just reviewing the Royal Caroline build log and came across the picture of the parrot on its back and the ensuing comment and thought I could maybe add some insight as to the birds' peculiar behavior.  We had a parakeet awhile ago who would do the same thing but was generally just looking for some attention or wanted to play. 

Here he is with his favorite toy.  He could spin it around, throw it away, chase it down and repeat several times. (Maybe he was in a circus in a previous life?)  :rolleyes:

5aeb5878b59ce_Beethoven2.thumb.jpg.9488ae2855ff82d38c6f356fc5491d3a.jpg5aeb587ee9864_Beethoven3.thumb.jpg.f27a77643f22a2d81cc2b3fd697fddc6.jpg