F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

"It never ceases to amaze me at how much better models look in direct sunlight...."

Real tactical jets... same thing. Outside they look different than they do when you drag them into the hanger. Even todays grey jets look brighter outside.

Looking real nice! 👍😀

Dave

Current builds: Rattlesnake

Completed builds: Lady Nelson

On the shelf: NRG Half Hull Project, Various metal, plastic and paper models

Same wishes to you  brother  - take care of yourself,     your  build is looking Superb.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Just a little bit of a concrete pad, with an ammo cart or some kind of power cart next to the jet.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Looking real nice EG. I think it would look even better on MY shelf!B) Like I said at the beginning, the F-86 is possibly one of my favoritist jet aircraft, and I don't have a single one in my stash.:( 

Get yourself well so that you can get onto the other builds you promised us. You wouldn't want to be a liar would you? :)

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

On 8/15/2022 at 1:23 PM, Dave_E said:

Looking real nice!

On 8/15/2022 at 1:26 PM, Old Collingwood said:

Same wishes to you  brother  - take care of yourself,     your  build is looking Superb.

Thank you Brothers, it is really appreciated....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

On 8/15/2022 at 6:17 PM, Canute said:

Just a little bit of a concrete pad, with an ammo cart or some kind of power cart next to the jet.

Thanks Brother..

I don't know if I will do that much Ken, I was thinking about a mat of some type to highlight the aircraft but right now I have a few other issues to handle that have made themselves a priority...

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

On 8/16/2022 at 11:12 PM, lmagna said:

Looking real nice EG. I think it would look even better on MY shelf!B) Like I said at the beginning, the F-86 is possibly one of my favoritist jet aircraft, and I don't have a single one in my stash.:( 

Get yourself well so that you can get onto the other builds you promised us. You wouldn't want to be a liar would you? :)

Thanks Lou...

It's one of my favorites as well, I'm sure one can turn up on your shelf eventually, trust me, stranger things have happened....

As far as promised builds, RL sometimes has a way of making liars out of everyone... As well may be the case in my situation... I need to ask the doc some more direct questions about my situation, but it appears there may be a model yard sale in my future, cause clearly I'm never going to build everything I have... Right now I have some RL issues I need to deal with both legal and financial, and to be honest model building is taking a back seat to them... Need to make sure the admiral is taken care of before I'm unable to do it kind of stuff...

When the muse and time returns I will finish up what I've started as much as I am able... But my dream projects probably will never be realized....

As time allows I will still plug along as always.... Life goes on so they say... So cheer up my friend Not going anywhere if I can help it... {chuckle} (I know your yanking my chain my friend, no worries)

Will continue to post as able to... 

Carry on my friends...

EG

Quote:

A tough break, EG, but that's life, warts and all. We're here for you. And you know how to get in touch with us.  😉

Nihil illigitimus carborundum.

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

You're in my thoughts and prayers as well. We'll be here munching on Lou's peanut brittle and Mark's popcorn till you get back to the bench 😉👨‍🍳🍿

Healing Blessings  from me  brother.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Hang in there EG.  Real life and it's repercussions (but good and bad) take priority.  Hoping and praying for the best outcome for you.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

My thoughts are winging across the pond as well EG.

Echoing everyone else, we'll still be here, Friend!!

You've got to sort you and yours first!

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

On 8/19/2022 at 4:43 AM, Canute said:

A tough break, EG, but that's life, warts and all. We're here for you. And you know how to get in touch with us.  😉

Nihil illigitimus carborundum.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:22 AM, CDW said:

We all are traveling a similar road EG, but sometimes we are not as aware of our situation as you are now. Even then, the road may have twists and turns hidden from view, so keep hope alive always. 

You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

On 8/19/2022 at 7:18 AM, Jack12477 said:

You're in my thoughts and prayers as well. We'll be here munching on Lou's peanut brittle and Mark's popcorn till you get back to the bench 😉👨‍🍳🍿

On 8/19/2022 at 11:21 AM, Old Collingwood said:

Healing Blessings  from me  brother.

OC.

On 8/19/2022 at 4:35 PM, mtaylor said:

Hang in there EG.  Real life and it's repercussions (but good and bad) take priority.  Hoping and praying for the best outcome for you.  

On 8/19/2022 at 11:24 PM, Edwardkenway said:

My thoughts are winging across the pond as well EG.

Echoing everyone else, we'll still be here, Friend!!

You've got to sort you and yours first!

On 8/20/2022 at 7:59 AM, Javlin said:

Arrrgh for Christ sake EG you going to keep going another 20/30 years get your **** back to work.Blessings from the Good Lord Above that it may be sincerely ;)

Best of luck Brother.;)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, it is much appreciated... The Admiral and I had a chance to talk out a few things this weekend and came to some resolutions....

As far as where I'm going to wind up, it is no different than before, it is where we all wind up eventually... Like Craig pointed out... And if I so choose I can look at it like I know the offramp I'll be taking from the highway of life on this rock, but it's up to me how long I take to get there... The Admirals suggestion was to get busy, I have models to build, lots of them and if I keep worrying about what might be I'll never get them done.....

So I'm here for the duration my friends, And I'm done moping/worrying about it... The only thing I can do is keep pushing forward til the man above says it is time... And that he hasn't brought up to me... the rest we will deal with as it comes...

So lets get back to modeling... the rest will work itself out... I have a beautiful bird sitting on my desk that needs my attention...

Thank you all...

EG

Quote:

Update:

Well I went ahead and finished off the right side decals today...

IMG_0343.thumb.JPG.7989f14badc0874b9ff7d7923f2fe86a.JPGIMG_0344.thumb.JPG.79a360bc10596fa6ade32adae27f4dc7.JPG

Tomorrow I have some parts arriving for her, Landing Gear doors, Speed Brake Doors & Metal landing gear... She's now ready for an overall final coat of future and then attaching the wings to the fuselage... and finishing details...

Onwards....

Quote:

The bird looks better and better. Looking forward to your additions. 😄

Your wife is a wise woman. Give her a kiss from us. 😉

Ken

Glad to see you back at bench. I concur with your wife. "Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead"!

Great job on the decaling,  Sabre looks great 👍 👌 

Way to go!!, and you got a good woman with some great advice, so as you say Onwards!!!

Spectacular looking jet, you've got it looking just about perfect 👌 

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Great looking model, EG.  And you have a great wife.  She's right.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Amazing work Egilman - best wishes to you my friend.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

On 8/22/2022 at 4:39 AM, Canute said:

The bird looks better and better. Looking forward to your additions. 😄

Your wife is a wise woman. Give her a kiss from us. 😉

On 8/22/2022 at 6:57 AM, Jack12477 said:

Glad to see you back at bench. I concur with your wife. "Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead"!

Great job on the decaling,  Sabre looks great 👍 👌 

On 8/22/2022 at 10:21 AM, AJohnson said:

That's a nice looking Sabre, really coming together now with the Decals going on.! 👍 

On 8/22/2022 at 1:05 PM, Edwardkenway said:

Way to go!!, and you got a good woman with some great advice, so as you say Onwards!!!

Spectacular looking jet, you've got it looking just about perfect 👌 

On 8/22/2022 at 5:05 PM, mtaylor said:

Great looking model, EG.  And you have a great wife.  She's right.

On 8/23/2022 at 1:51 PM, Landlubber Mike said:

Amazing work Egilman - best wishes to you my friend.

Thank you Brothers, Just hacking along as best I can... The bird is looking pretty good I think...

And yeah, The Admiral is a pretty sweet gal if I do say so myself... (smart too) {chuckle} Must be why I married her....

Thank you from both of us...

Quote:

Update:

Doing out the empennages starting with the Doors and Drop Tanks.... For the doors I switched from the kit parts to aftermarket cause the interior detail is much better defined, there is nothing wrong with the kit parts, just the resin parts look the part better and I can do more with them....

First step it to paint them flat black....

IMG_0348.thumb.JPG.786b30f10db28fd52aa1b3bb886270cf.JPG

Then for the doors, the insides get a thin coat of Testors chrome silver....

IMG_0347.thumb.JPG.a52bbd5cc7691e491d6125c61e43c451.JPG

They have cured overnight so are completely dry...

The drop tanks get a coat of flat black, Testors cause it lays down smooth without edges...

IMG_0349.thumb.JPG.99af1ad325e303f3ebf7a70d54f9e05c.JPG

The next step is to dip them in the full strength future... give them an overall shiny coat and seal the chrome silver for the next step which is putting a black wash on the recesses and some uschi's steel powder rubbed into the reinforcing panels to make them stand out....  Then the sealed black gets a coat of RnB & decaling....

Slowly making progress my friends, I'll finish this thing probably sometime around the turn of the century it feels like..... {chuckle}

Onwards...

Quote:

Just don't overstress yourself, pardner.  The additions are looking good. Lots of nice detail on those doors and speed/air brakes. 👌

Ken

1 hour ago, Canute said:

Just don't overstress yourself, pardner.  The additions are looking good. Lots of nice detail on those doors and speed/air brakes. 👌

Thanks Ken...

Just taking it as I can get it brother, lots of medical coming up in the next few days, so I'm getting in what I can... Enjoyment is the ideal now, as I get more comfortable in my new situation, I'm sure production will get better, right now still just feeling my way, we both are...

Once I got a good look at the aftermarket additions they are so much better defined than the kit parts it was a must do, especially the Speed Brakes, the interior metalwork is almost exactly like the photos and manuals say it should be where the kit parts are a decent representative structure but doesn't represent what was actually on the airplane... The aftermarket does and since they were always open when sitting, they have to be represented accurately...

The next bit of surgery is to the nose wheel hub, 2910 had the early welded sheet metal hub with 6 spokes, the kit offers both the early and late cast 12 rib hub... the 6 spoke hub is hollow in the spaces between the spokes and the kit part molded them filled in, a small bit of cleaning out the spaces solves that issue...

And modeling move on.... (much like life itself)

Quote:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jav, yes they look much better than the kit parts....

Quote:

Very Short Update:

Still working as I can, doesn't seem like I have any stamina at all.... But still making progress of a sorts....

Current state of the build....

Empennages... All silvered up ready for decaling, the speed brakes still need a bit of work shaping them to fit and some PE added to them and the Landing Gear is clear coated ready for staining as well. thinking about cutting the nose gear to show the wheel turned....

IMG_0350.thumb.JPG.ad52004b2ddf46561a2bfbc1c5931d8a.JPG

Overall status...

IMG_0351.thumb.JPG.e52c57ca763a62a5746ac2c7ccb34f7a.JPG

IMG_0352.thumb.JPG.c3d31d4750acc5416746dfd001e5e47c.JPG

IMG_0353.thumb.JPG.fd000ecb596aafec5dc889de90456d72.JPG

Tail surfaces are silvered and installed, getting ready for some detail painting if I can get a decent day for steady work....

Onwards not given up yet.. I'm going to finish this bird.....

Forever Onwards Brothers....

Edited by Egilman

Quote: