Queen Anne Style Royal Barge by Chuck - FINISHED - Syren Ship Model Company - 1:24

Uh-oh ... there's a queue forming.

I want one, too.

:D

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Impressive!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Fantastic. I am looking forward to the kit.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Chuck - You do such beautiful work. I love just watching your models take shape. I noticed the instruction for a boxwood wheel on your site. Are you selling that assembly?

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

Chuck Never mind. For someone who works in the IT industry this is a bit embarrassing. All I needed to do was scroll down. Thanks I will be placing an order soon.

Current Builds - 18th Century Longboat, MS Syren

Completed Builds - MS Bluenose, Panart BatteStation Cross section, Endevour J Boat Half Hull, Windego Half Hull, R/C T37 Breezing Along, R/C Victoria 32, SolCat 18

On the shelf - Panart San Felipe, Euromodel Ajax, C.Mamoli America, 

Its a sailor's Life for me! :10_1_10:

I am glad you found them....

The flags and ensigns are now complete.   The dowels were tapered and painted red.   Then I added the trucks.   The flags are made just like on Cheerful.  They are printed on tissue paper and shaped on the staff.  The ensigns are the English flag from 1710 and Queen Anne's royal standard from the same time period. Next up will be the oars.

Flags.jpg

flags1.jpg

Chuck

Magnificent!!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Prototyping the sweeps for the barge.....

One down and nine more to go.   Each sweep is made from four pieces.  Each piece is shaped accordingly.  It is either turned and rounded off or tapered and steamed bent.   I will of course elaborate more in the instructions.  But they seem to go together well enough and are pretty straight forward.

sweeps1.jpg

Just beautiful Chuck. I can't wait til you get this thing launched!

ian

Spent some time making a base.  Testing how to display the sweeps.   Still only one sweep completed.   Wont get to the others until next week.   Even so,  this project is in the home stretch.  At least the model is.   I still have to carve the decorations for the port side too!!  The sweeps will be displayed 5 per side on laser cut racks.  I just taped them to the base for this test but I like how it will look.  

Then I have to finalize the plans,  write the instructions,  think about packaging and start manufacturing.  So still lots to do before these are shelf-ready.  But at least now the long to-do list is shorter and more manageable.

3-277-26.flag.m.jpg

basetest.jpg

basetest1.jpg

basetest2.jpg

Chuck

Very nice Chuck. Those will make excellent additions to a lot of people's home displays. Looking forward to building one myself! :D

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

I can't wait until I can get my hands on one. It will be great having a few build logs to help some of us that are not highly skilled to come up with a nice finished model.

The heart is happiest when the head and the hands work together.

Al

Current Builds:

HMS Halifax 1/48 POF Lumberyard Kit

Model Shipways Glad Tidings

Acoustic Guitar Build FINISHED

Thanks guys,

I hope so too!!!

As an aside,  I just spent the day revamping my site a bit.  I needed to upgrade some parts.   So please click around and if you have any trouble placing an order please let me know.   I have tested the cart and all seems well.  But just in case please let me know if you see some screwy text I may have missed or broken links.  This was something I needed to do for a while although it doesnt look too different which I hope is good thing.

:P:P

www.syrenshipmodelcompany.com

The hull is just a hair longer than 18".   Its about 3" wide.  Its not a small model.  Its a pretty good sized project.

6 hours ago, Jim Rogers said:

Just in time for Christmas. I heard the Admiral was getting me one......she just doesn't know it yet

Sounds like a good plan Jim.

The heart is happiest when the head and the hands work together.

Al

Current Builds:

HMS Halifax 1/48 POF Lumberyard Kit

Model Shipways Glad Tidings

Acoustic Guitar Build FINISHED

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.   Even though I only have to make 5 more sweeps I can tell you that they take a long time to complete.  I finished the sweeps for one side of the display so now you guys can better see what the finished presentation will look like.  While working on these last few parts I am also finalizing the plans and gearing up to start making kits in just a few weeks.  I am also busy writing the instruction manual.

I am looking forward to the Winnie soon after !!!

sweeps2.jpg

sweeps3.jpg

Chuck

That's looking super nice, Chuck.  I take it the gold dragon(?) on the oar is also lasercut or is it molded?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks

No its just paper.  You cut them out carefully with a #11 blade and glue them on.  Really simple.  They are dolphins/sea creatures based on the typical decorations shown on sweeps of that time period.  I basically tried to repeat what Druxey painted on his sweeps for the Hospital Barge.  His sweeps as decorated inspired me to do the same.  I think it adds a nice touch.  Here is one of his painted sweeps.  Although he painted all of his directly on each sweep.  I cheated and made one and then scanned it, printed it .....cut them out and glued them on.

sweepdolphin.jpg

Chuck, not cheating just creative ingenuity! Great effect.

Ken

Current build: Maersk Detroit"
Future builds:  Mamoli HMS Victory 1:90
Completed builds: US Brig Niagara, Dirty Dozen, USS Constitution, 18th Century Armed Longboat
https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/11935-uss-constitution-by-xken-model-shipways-scale-1768/