Queen Anne Style Royal Barge by Chuck - FINISHED - Syren Ship Model Company - 1:24

I go back to my Technical side, if you call it out in the procedure, put it in the box. Builders will want it and having it as an add on upgrade will only add time to the build and possible frustration on the builders part if they want it and you are out of stock. I would just up the price and sell it as a complete kit. 

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

• 2 months later...

ruddertillerthole1.jpg

Just an update....Hoping to have a bunch of barge kits available in about one week to ten days.  In addition, the entire 3 part assembly guide is now complete and you can download it from my website.

https://www.syrenshipmodelcompany.com/royal-barge-kit.php

Unfortunately for the time being, the accessory sets for those NOT wishing to carve those seven decorations will not be in stock for few more weeks.  I just need a bit more time to prepare and make the molds for these seven additional decorative carvings. and cast them   So if you really want to order everything at the same time, you will need to wait until the accessory sets are ready.  I am working overtime to get everything ready as soon as possible. 

But while you wait, please do read through the instructions and dont hesitate to ask me any questions.....and Merry Christmas.....and have a very happy New Year.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give you guys an update.  I actually have 12 barge kits all made.......that is all except for the castings.  These take such a long time to do by hand.  I was all set to start casting them when out of the blue one of the companies I had contacted got back to me.   I had contacted dozens of firms to outsource the resin casting for the kits but most would not take such a small job.   

But this year is already looking up!!!  One such company has decided to cast my pieces and I am very excited about that.  This is a huge development for me,  I would hardly be able to spend time developing new stuff if it took so much labor to make every part on my own.  I just couldnt handle doing this work manually.

As wonderful as the news is,  it means that these 12 barge kits will be just a bit longer before I can offer them for sale.  I am sending the masters down to these folks and they promise a quick turn-around.  As soon as these guys deliver the castings I can release these kits and make many more so much quicker now.  It took me 3 or 4 days to cast all the parts for six kits by myself.   It just wasnt doable.  And these guys are professionals who do this all the time.  They cast and design resin figures.  So these parts should be great and better than anything I could make.

Sorry for the continued delay but I want everything in these barge kits to be just perfect.   

Chuck

Sounds like things are going in the right direction, Chuck.  Rock on. ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Finding a company to do such a labor intensive jobs is great news. Eagerly awaiting the next batch.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

I am going to need to see a therapist. I still have to continue the work on Cheerful and now my mind is racing ahead to The Barge. I am hopelessly addicted. I will be in your fulfillment log this year after I order the remaining Cheerful parts. Good to see more upbeat news from you!

Joe

1 hour ago, Thistle17 said:

I am going to need to see a therapist. I still have to continue the work on Cheerful and now my mind is racing ahead to The Barge. I am hopelessly addicted. 

Joe

Oh oh.   lol

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Barge kits are now in stock!!!!  Finally....but it might be a little while before the next run.   Have to order a bunch of materials.

ruddertillerthole1.jpg

All 12 kits are gone....sold out.   I just ordered a bunch more wood and materials folks.  As soon as it arrives, I will start making more.  :o  Thanks to all of you who bought one.  Hope you enjoy the project.

Chuck

I know how you feel.   I am so far behind it isnt funny.  You guys are buying my inventory three times faster than I can make everything.   LOL

Must find a way to to alleviate the need for sleep.  :P  Thanks again everyone.

Chuck

Dang !! Missed out.

I really must stop sleeping, also ...

:D

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

I know how you feel.   I am so far behind it isnt funny.  You guys are buying my inventory three times faster than I can make everything.   LOL

Must find a way to to alleviate the need for sleep.  :P  Thanks again everyone.

Chuck

Well if you are going to have a problem that is the one to have. I have to finish my Syren then the Essex then the Barge so I got time.

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

Just wanted to post this image of the SanDiego club.  They have a group of 13 building the barge.  Dont they look like they are having lots of fun.   Anyway....things are moving along.  Trying to restock blocks and rope now.  As soon as more Cherry and the new castings arrive I will start cutting more kits.  I hope they dont mind me sharing one of these photos.  But its so nice to see something you worked hard on being enjoyed and built.

Chuck

bargegroup.jpg

I am envious of these guys.  I wish they would start a build log to share their progress with us.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Nope...not really.....just one that got started now and one from a close friend of mine in my local club JimL.  But he  hasnt updated it in a while.  Its actually much further along than what you see. But he had to fin9sh up another model for his son.  He was actually building it alongside me.  Maybe I will see if I can get him start up this log again.