USF Confederacy by Augie & Moonbug - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:64

My best wishes as well..and like everyone, I just hope you are feeling better!

Cheers,

Nigel.

Edited by UpstateNY

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Best wishes on your Birthday and wishing you a speedy recovery. Hopefully you can get back to Confederacy soon. She's a beauty.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Yeah I almost missed it too....."HAPPY BIRRTHDAY"  Augie........  hope you're feeling better too!!  Have a good one !!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

it would've been a great birthday present,  to see this log hit 100.......if you weren't feeling so poorly  :(   fingers are crossed for you my friend.......good luck at the doctor's tomorrow!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 months later...

Dear friends,

I am very saddened to write that our friend Augie passed away on December 18th.

Popeye has opened 'Augie Bruno' in the Shore Leave section.

Please join us there to say goodbye and in offering his wife Diane, family and friends our condolences.

Goodbye Augie, rest in peace.

You are gone, but not forgotten.

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

We all lost a dear friend, great supporter and member of our Shipbuilding family when Augie Bruno passed in December.  No one was as proud of his work or shared in his enjoyment of the hobby more than his lovely wife Diane.

After being contacted by Popeye, Diane expressed how helpful and wonderful it would be if someone were able to finish Augie’s work on the Confederacy – both as a tribute to Augie, and as a way to keep us all connected with his memory. As Augie and Diane’s home is only about 15 miles from me, I was asked if I would be willing to take over Augie’s build.  

I had the pleasure of sharing a cup of coffee, some delightful cookies, and even more delightful stories with Diane – and she assured me that this is indeed what Augie would have wanted.

So, it is with a warm heart, and substantial amount of humility that I’ll pick up where Augie left off.

Thanks already - and in advance to Anja, Popeye, Mark and Sjors for their support. I’ll do my best give Augie’s build justice, and do right by Augie and Diane.  

As it stands – I’m embroiled in research, as this is my first American built ship, and I feel it’s important to get to know her as much as I can before I continue the build. Hope to have some actual progress to show soon, but in the meantime – here she is in her new shipyard.

post-1158-0-20886900-1454952487_thumb.jpg

- Bug

Edited by Moonbug

As one of the newer members her, I did not know Augie. He did comment on my Longboat build way back when I first started it. But this is one of the reasons I like it here so much. Hats off to you Bug, for taking on this project for Augie and his wife. It truly shows the respect that people here have for  their brethren in this fine hobby. Bug, I am sure you will do her justice if for no other reason than a kind, parting gesture for Augie. I believe he is appreciating this.

Paul

Hello Bug,

Thank you for the beautiful introduction.

Augie's Confederacy is now in your capable hands. I wish you the best of luck. Take good care of her.

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

Bug,

My deepest respect for you that you want to take up the task to finish the Confederacy in memory of Augie!

I know that you will do her justice!

Sjors

It is with heavy heart, learning about Augies passing.

Now I take my hat off, to both Augie but also Bug, who I think not only do justice to Confederacy but knowing what Augie had in mind.

In an earlier part in the build log I wrote how much this one will help me once I am getting started.

Thank you

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Augie is an enormous loss to MSW, his continuous strive to advise and help others was second to none,Thank you Bug for taking over to finish his build, I for one will never forget him as a mentor to many and his warm hearted help ,God bless his wife and family, I would call Augie a good friend. RIP.Edwin,

This is a great tribute to who was a respected member of MSW.

Thank you Bug to retake his job to hold it in our memories..

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

Thank you Bug, for taking on an awesome responsibility. I know you will do it right. And I bet Augie is looking down now and smiling at this.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Best wishes to you for taking on this challenge, Bug.  It's a fitting salute to a much admired member.

Martin

Current Build:  HMS FLY 1776

Previous Builds:  Rattlesnake 1781

Prince de Neufchatel

WOW, I didn't realize Augie had left us. He will be sorely missed. To you Moonbug, what a wonderful thing you are doing for our friend. I didn't personally know Augie, but will offer my services to you at any time that you feel the need of assistance. I will pm you.

mike

Bug,

I think this will mean a lot not only to Diane but to the rest of us here at MSW.  I'm sure that Augie would agree that Confed is in very capable hands.  A fitting tribute and memorial to a wonderful human being and a great friend.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Bug,

Your actions are to be commended mate.

I can only agree with all the above comments and sentiments posted above and I wish you every success in this worthy endeavour.

I'm sure Augie is nodding approval and very pleased with your decision to take this emotive task on.

Power to your elbow mate, Good Luck.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Hi Bug,

Everything has been said so just the very best of luck on this voyage. We are all cheering you on...

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

You are a wonderful person, Bug, for doing a good man such justice. You have some of the masters offering help already, all I can offer is that I will sit back watch and offer my encouragement as you start this fantastic journey.

I will also promise to stop in from time to time tip one in memory of Augie and another one for you for doing such a generous feat. :)

Take Care

This is a wonderful thing you are doing Bug. Good on you for taking this on - I know you will do Augie proud.

Only just seen the news about Augie, what a very sad loss.

He was an inspiration and a great contributor to the site, he will be missed.

Confederacy is my next build, just a month or two away so I was a keen watcher of this log.

Bug, what a truly charitable act, it does you real credit, I'm sure Augie would agree.

I will be continuing to keep a close look.

My condolences to Diane and family.

Nick

I knew Augie was having health issues, but shocked and extremely saddened to hear of his passing. His love for modeling.... And his excellent craftsmanship is a great loss to the MSW community.

My sincere condolences to Diane and all friends and loved ones.

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com