Varyag 1901 by Valeriy V - FINISHED - scale 1:75 - Russian Cruiser

Congratulations on completing this amazing model Valeriy.  It is one of the finest models I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing it with us and I will miss your updates.  I wish you peace and safety in the new year.

Current Build   Pelican Eastern-Rig Dragger  

Completed Scratch Builds

Rangeley Guide Boat   New England Stonington Dragger   1940 Auto Repair Shop   Mack FK Shadowbox    

Absolutely superb and top-notch, Valeriy! Congratulations on not only completing this amazing model, but doing so under very trying circumstances. I wish a better and more peaceful year ahead for you.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Valeriy, I consider myself fortunate to have been able to witness your creation from start to finish. Completed, your version of the cruiser Varyag enters that rarified atmosphere of "the best of the best". Hopefully your patron shares her as much as possible and may she forever be known as Valeriy's Varyag. Thank you for the journey. 

Simply amazing build!  Best wishes for the new year.

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

Valeriy, it has been a great privilege and pleasure to follow your magnificent build. Your skills are an inspiration to us all. I hope the new year brings with it peace and prosperity for you all.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

A masterpiece, Valeriy.   I wish much peace to come your way.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Outstanding work Valeriy!  You are very much an inspiration to us here on this site!    Bravo!

I have learned a lot from you work on varyag and hope to apply much of that on my next project. 

My Current Builds:

The USS Maine - 1/72 3D printed Armored Cruiser (1889) USS OlympiaUSS TexasUSS New York, HSwMS TapperhetenCerbere 

Ships I am currently designing or have completed in Fusion 360:

German: SMS ScharnhorstSMS Kaiser Sweden: Svea, Gota, & Thule (both early and later versions), Flygia

France: French battleship Charles MartelDupuy de Lôme, Faucon (aviso), United States: USS Katahdin (1894) Ram ship, USS Monteray USS Oregon Japan: Mikasa, Fuso Russia: Izumrud, Novgorod Spain: Pelayo Great Britian: Turbinia (1894) - First ship with Steam TurbineHMS Edinburgh (1882) DenmarkTordenskjold

Ships I intend on designing & building in the future:

French JauréguiberryMassena Bouvet United StatesUSS Virginia USS Brooklyn, USS Minneapolis USS Ericsson
Russian:  Rossiya Peresvet Bayan SlavaTsesarevich 
BrazilRiachuelo SpainEmparador Carlos V

Valeriy,

I am happy you finished your beautiful  model. I am even happier that you are safe and well.

I am looking forward to your next build.

I hope you have a happy new year!

MAGNIFICENT. Looking forward to your next project. 

Ras

Current builds:

Stern Paddle Wheeler ZULU-1916-1/48 scale

Previous builds:

Freccia Celeste-1927 350cc racing motorcycle-1:9 scale-Protar kit

Boeing B17F- 1/72 scale- Hasegawa kit

HMS Mimi-scale 1/24-Fast Motor Launch                               

Amapá 1907-1/64 scale-Brazilian Customs Cruiser

Scottish Motor Fifie. 1/32 scale. Amati kit

Patricia. Steam powered R/C launch. 1/12 scale. Krick Kit

African Queen. Steam powered  R/C launch. 1/24 scale. Billings ki

Emma C. Berry. Sailing fishing smack. 1/32 scale. Model Shipways kit.

Incredible finish!  Absolutely stunning work!  This is one of the best models that I have ever seen!

Happy New Year!

May 2023 usher in peace and prosperity for you and yours!

Stay safe!  

We are all looking forward to seeing your next build!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Thanks friends! :)

I'm very impressed with your feedback and wishes! Let's hope it all goes well.

Any modeler, like an actor on stage and an artist in a gallery, needs grateful spectators.
  I am glad that my little performance and the picture that resulted from it gave pleasure to the audience on your forum.

The model of the cruiser was made to order for a private collection, but I have no right to disclose the name of its owner, sorry.

The purpose of my future work has not yet been determined, but it will certainly appear and I hope that I can show it here. 

I wish everyone a lot of interesting models and a pleasant pastime for their construction!  :) 

How utterly wonderful! A master piece.

How I wish there were many more kits of ships from this era,

for a mere mortal like me to build. I love them.

Happy New Year!

Finishing Titanic 1/350 scale from Minicraft, Plastic. Partly scratch. Loads of PhotoEtch.

Upcoming builds: Syren from MS 1:64, Pegasus from Victory Models 1:64, Surprise from AL 1:48

Or turn to card-modelling. There are some good card-models around of ships from thus era (orel/oriel for indtsnce has a couple 1:200 scale, see http://Www.papermodeling.net )

Not for the fainthearted though: quite a number of very small bits and pieces to cut and glue.

Jan

Edited by amateur

Just a simple.'thank you' not just the build but all the time spent photographing it and sharing it with us.

Ian 🥳

HMAV Bounty 'Billings' completed  

HMS Cheerful - Syren-Chuck' completed :)

Steam Pinnace 199 'Billings bashed' - completed

HMS Ledbury F30 --White Ensign -completed 😎

HMS Vanguard 'Victory models'-- completed :)

Bismarck Amati 1/200 --underway  👍