HMS ROYAL KATHERINE 1664 by Doris - 1/55 - CARD

Doris, I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

You have made a beautiful model. He would be proud of your strength and I am sure everyone here feels the same.

Best regards,

Bruce

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

So sorry to hear your sad news Doris. As others have said, you have made a beautiful model that your husband would have been proud to see you complete.

I’m very sorry to hear about the passing of your husband, Doris.  This has been a very difficult year for you.

In the face if these challenges, though, you have done a spectacular job with your Katherine - simply one of the best models I have ever seen.

We are all works in progress, all of the time.

Dear Doris,

I'm so sorry to read of your personal tragedy. As someone who lost a partner too early in life, I feel for you. Ship modelling kept me sane through a very difficult time. I hope this model's completion brings you some solace.

Your Royal Katherine is nothing short of superb. You should be very proud of your work.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Doris I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one! I hope that every time you gaze at your splendid model it gives you some comfort and fond memories. My very best to you.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

So sorry to hear what happened. You did the best you could do: You continued the model for him amd you. Thats strength.

I am highly impressed by your build and your person.

Kind regards from Sweden

/Pontus

Finishing Titanic 1/350 scale from Minicraft, Plastic. Partly scratch. Loads of PhotoEtch.

Upcoming builds: Syren from MS 1:64, Pegasus from Victory Models 1:64, Surprise from AL 1:48

Very sorry for your loss, Doris. Your work inspires me and others to do better and I'm sure your husband was very proud of you.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

My sincere condolences on your loss Doris.  What a wonderful tribute in completing this model for him; it looks magnificent.  I have followed your build journey and as with everyone else can have nothing but admiration for your building skills and quality of your work.

regards

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

I'm deeply saddened by your loss, Doris.  It's a fitting tribute your husband for just the two of you on this ship.  Your model is stunning to see and I hope that every time you see it, maybe a small smile when you remember him.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I am saddened to hear this bad news.
But you have found the strength to offer him this magnificent model and I am sure he is very proud of your courage.
What better mark of love than this splendid vessel.

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24

I want to praise this model, as it is truly an incredible build, but I also want to say my deepest condolences at your loss. I hope you find comfort in this rough time and that this model preserves and reminds you of the love and good times you shared with your husband. 

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

I would like to also offer my sincere condolences Doris.  Your work, especially in the clay decorations has inspired me to give it a thorough try on my next project.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Thank you all for your condolences and kind words, dear friends. Life has brought me terrible suffering, and the pain in my heart is unbearable. I know, it is necessary to go on, I try to finish everything I started, and hope that one day it will be better again.

I finished the flags, inspired by Sailmaker's painting of the Royal Katherine:

0.jpg.0d6cfa3b1fb570dcfee62371d1fd8f60.jpg8.thumb.jpg.2496ef8dea062cd0917110b4c31a0b85.jpg5.thumb.jpg.ea1fff665b25bc299f12cf207d325b2c.jpg6.thumb.jpg.4662a0c04e52a930ef1c47b9a3760658.jpg7.thumb.jpg.e4ef61f1b0e9fbdbaa0c3887604f949b.jpg2.thumb.jpg.732296b9d16e0e3d1a9cc172327aafa0.jpg1a.thumb.jpg.81fcb8d9ca44b064202de7c24056b580.jpg1.thumb.jpg.cee7395de96aeb4e691f32ce1f007739.jpg

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Bravo!!

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

That is just pure magic!  I have enjoyed watching every step of this project come together.

And now, if I may propose a new project deserving of your particular talents:

F3265134-4B17-4876-A7DC-66CE843B5642.jpeg.2588e69f68a31773b8db6217fb7211b3.jpeg

01F8CBA9-AF78-4DEF-A4DD-7E51AC8AA6F0.jpeg.c7c1395b95e2c00f180b8467de43d2f5.jpeg

7B59ED67-A08A-4FED-B354-B8848CD39FD5.jpeg.0d0b8e7ec87643917d4e8f4ccdf5fb71.jpeg

La Reine of 1668, as drawn here in 1672.

Nobody can capture the elegant magnificence of French Baroque ornamentation quite like you.

Just something to consider🙃😉

We are all works in progress, all of the time.

so sorry for your loss, words fail me , please look after yourself and stay safe

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

My condolences on your loss.

The Royal Katherine is magnificent!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Doris, I have often thought you'd do an incredible job of some of my favourite ships, like Cutty Sark, or a 74 gun ship. But your talent lies in the fancy detailed carvings of these era of ships and I must agree with Hubac's Historian, you should have a go at La Reine.

Dear friends, I do appreciate your comments and support. Thank you all very much.

Well, I am not sure I will start with new projects in future. I have lost motivation and enthusiasm,  always shared it with my husband and created the models also for him - he supported me a lot and loved what I did. Now I'm finishing my best model - the Royal Katherine and definitely don't want to give it up.
I added the bonnet under the fore course to achieve another detail for better realism. A followed these drawings from Lees´ book:

01.thumb.jpg.bc81d1da9fd003aefae2cc5a423130fe.jpg0.jpg.4d6154f18068b829fae3b92c3bc86cce.jpg1.thumb.jpg.5b38348054ced0fcbd597000397c2049.jpg2.thumb.jpg.1522050ecb15fcea71b051a53019eac8.jpg3.thumb.jpg.ec1ee229dc5be2475f7ab43b4ced1916.jpg4.thumb.jpg.078c29fccd8a9602d1f95ed1c4c94291.jpg5.thumb.jpg.2c7b075922ca1828f609ecb4ef2840f1.jpg6.thumb.jpg.f05e6529931b91629d74861466925c71.jpg7.thumb.jpg.93415485eeb2b9f8753c06fb409b258b.jpg8.thumb.jpg.5666711b0703be796c5137d1776a9831.jpg9.thumb.jpg.dd953cb568e002af359d94a2963e2a1f.jpg

Now I am working on four anchors, they will be made of card.

Best regards,

Doris

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card