HMS Winchelsea - FINISHED - 1764 - by Chuck (1/4" scale)

Another fine masterpiece! It's been a great joy and learning experience following along with you.

As Mike said enjoy your vacation and I can't wait for the next project!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Congratulations on the end of a wonderful journey Chuck! Didn't even take you the full two weeks to finish her up. I'll bet you're already in the workshop catching up on orders.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Wow, what a journey and what a beautiful result. It serves as ongoing inspiration for those following in your wake. Not that I can achieve a result such as yours, but it will be fun to try to come close.

I understand about the wood and price involved for the base, and I’ll appreciate the plans, especially for the three pieces holding her up. One nice final offering I hope you’ll consider is the carved crest/name plate we can all use with what ever base we end up with.

I recall first looking in wonder at your build log several years ago, now it’s a amazing finished result  that I’m also trying to build. I’m sure there is a museum shelf waiting for your Winchelsea.  Like others all I can say is Well Done!

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Chuck, congratulations on a fine build. This, as all of your builds, is such an inspiration to me and I eagerly look forward to the next project.

Ian

Congratulations on completing a real masterpiece Chuck. As others have said, inspirational.

Congratulations,Chuck. Your unwavering focus on quality (and fidelity) is an inspiration to many, many members of this forum. You have truly given so much of yourself, to so many. I know I am not alone when I personally say ”Thank You” for all that you have done to elevate our hobby.

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

Congratulations ,Chuck. A truly spectaular acheivement and the basis for the finest kit ever offered. .

Bob

Congratulations Chuck on this fine build.  I have to echo the comments of those above.  Truly a masterpiece.  The build log is wonderful as it was interesting how you developed the various components and the thought process behind them.  Truly enjoyable.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

It doesn't get much better than this, Chuck. Truly a work of art!

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Absolutely awesome. 

-‐-‐--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Build Hayling Hoy 1760 - First POF scratch build

Completed HMB Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

Completed HM Armed Cutter Alert by Vanguard Models

Completed 18ft cutter and 34ft launch by Vanguard Models

Completed Pen Duick by Artesania Latina

Congratulations Chuck.

im just novice in this hobby but it was tremendous learning force for me.

Enjoyed every minute of it and even more every look at finished piece. 

so complex and so beautiful. Thankfully this hobby is not momentous as music but rather like paining art.

takes years to finish but achievement stays for centuries to impress,  shine and give emotions.... :) cant wait to strip and redo last part with proper parts.

I think everything has already been said.
I still look at the pictures over and over again with my mouth open.
Really beautiful work!
And even though your Winie is finished I will be reading this thread for many years to come.
So congratulations Chuck, have a wonderful vacation and I'm looking forward to your next project.

Dusan

Currently building:

HMS Winchelsea 1764 by westwood - 1:48

Revenge 1577 - by westwood - 1:64

In preparation:

Fourth-rate ship 1681 - 1:48

Congratulations on this wonderful model.

It will undoubtedly be a reference for its historical accuracy and for the beauty and perfection of its realization.

Thank you for sharing this fantastic work!

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24

Thank you so much guys.  Its always a bit weird when you finish project that took years.  I cant believe its done actually.

writing the last chapter today.

Chuck, all I can say that this is not only a masterpiece from a master shipbuilder, but also a true work of art. You guide others and make these kind of ships possible to build for other model shipbuilders. 
Just great leadership is all I can say. I'm sure you raised the bar with this one! Deep respect! :imNotWorthy:

Looking in awe,  Congratulations :omg:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                Hannah Ship in a Bottle -1:300  The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20 ,The Mayflower Amati 1:60

non Ship Build:   1972 Ford Sport Custom Truck

Current Build:    Viking Ship Drakkar -Amati-1:50

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

3 hours ago, Chuck said:

Thank you so much guys.  Its always a bit weird when you finish project that took years.  I cant believe its done actually.

writing the last chapter today.

Chuck: Thanks for the "keep at it" approach.  There are often so many promises out there for a final product and the completion date keeps getting pushed back. Its nice to see the follow through. 

MIKE

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Member, Nautical Research Guild

3 minutes ago, Kusawa2000 said:

There are often so many promises out there for a final product and the completion date keeps getting pushed back.

You are welcome.   I will be the first to admit that I take forever to design and produce these projects.   I cant rush through them.  So many kit mfgs seem to announce the availability of new kits every few months.   That is something I can never do.  This next project will be a bit of wait.   Hopefully worth it.  POF projects have triple the parts and more complexity.   I prefer quality over quantity any day.

I am also trying out some new design features to make it easier to build.

Chuck

Congratulation for finishing this beautyful model.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

I join the voice of others congratulating you for completing the project. What a spendid model and how fun it is to build it!  Your ability to come up with creative solutions at difficult and critical parts of the build is quite remarkable. I still have many months (years?) in front of me to reach the finish line. Hopefully, in time to embark on a new journey with your forthcoming POF project.  

Kudos again.

Jean-Marc

Fantastic work, Chuck!  

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

4 hours ago, Chuck said:

You are welcome.   I will be the first to admit that I take forever to design and produce these projects.   I cant rush through them.  So many kit mfgs seem to announce the availability of new kits every few months.   That is something I can never do.  This next project will be a bit of wait.   Hopefully worth it.  POF projects have triple the parts and more complexity.   I prefer quality over quantity any day.

I am also trying out some new design features to make it easier to build.

Chuck

Chuck: All I can say.. is keep at it. Just delved into the first dozen pages of chapter 1 of the Winchelsea project and I can say I am definitely looking forward to this project!

Mike Draper

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Member, Nautical Research Guild